A journey on the path to la dolce vita. The sweet soulful life ..

A journey on the path to la dolce vita. The sweet soulful life...

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Volunteer work is good for the soul

I have been volunteering at a no-kill cat shelter. It has been so rewarding helping the cats and making time to visit them once a week. I have also been brainstorming for fundraising ideas. One idea came to me in a dream, a yoga class in the park. We will call it "Yoga In The Park For Paws." On the flyer it will say "Come Help Homeless Cats With Your Downward Dog." My wonderful friend from San Diego is going to teach the class. I have to find out which park to have the class at and if we need a permit. I think it is a pretty fabulous idea and I am excited to help such a good cause. 

Staying on track with my resolutions. I had my shoes stretched out so they feel much better when I do my daily walks. The man at the shoe repair fixes my shoes for free, he said I am too beautiful to pay. He is very sweet and I appreciate his kindness. He tells me Hollywood stories while I wait. His best friend and neighbor was the movie star Kathryn Grayson from the movie Kiss Me Kate. It is amazing the stories you hear when you just listen.

I have fallen in love with yoga, it makes me feel like I could float. My goal is to really get into my practice and learn all I can about yoga. My one yoga teacher is truly wonderful at teaching.I am blessed to be able to go to three places for yoga.

I shared a half of a  cupcake on Valentine's Day with my husband, but other than that I am on track eating healthy. It is a lifestyle and not a diet but it is ok to splurge now and then. We had a lovely Valentine's Day and I am so very blessed. 

I have also decided to give a portion of my book sales to the animal shelter. It just seems right to me, and I hope I can really raise money for the good cause through my poetry. The resolution for finishing my book will happen within six months or less. Lots of ideas have been swirling within my mind and I am very inspired.

Life is beautiful, and is meant to be savored and shared. When you give you back you receive so much more than you anticipated. I would like to get involved in some other charities but I am taking one step at a time. I will post a link in the future if anyone feels inclined to donate to the cat shelter to help with the medical expenses etc. They have saved so many cats and I am honored to help them, but they need funds to continue their work.

Namaste'
Love and Light from my two cats Rascal and Stormy
Rose


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I wish I could participate in your yoga in the park. :) It will be fantastic!
    Also, half a cup cake is by no means going off track. :) It's perfect to work in foods you like in healthy porition sizes, and that includes cupcakes if that's what you like.
    You could make/sell a few muffins or something at your yoga event to raise even more money. Starbucks and other coffee shops are often willing to donate coffee so you can offer it complimentary or to raise more money at your event.

    ReplyDelete