A journey on the path to la dolce vita. The sweet soulful life ..

A journey on the path to la dolce vita. The sweet soulful life...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You are only as good as your shoes

I have weird feet, my arches are high and my heals are narrow. Buying sneakers is a chore for me. I had the perfect pair I ordered online that did not require breaking in and made it easy for me to walk miles or work out pain free. They finally saw their last day and I replaced them with a pair of sneakers I found on sale. Now I have to replace those shoes and try to find the ones I had online. My whole body aches since I bought the new sneakers, they are cramping my style and my feet and not making my workout as easy as it has been. I never knew shoes could make your body ache so. You are only as good as your shoes.

I am in love with my yoga practice, and I am so blessed to be able to take classes for free. When class is finished I literally feel like I am floating. My flexibility is still there even though my left knee is having issues. I have been sticking to all of my new year's resolutions and I will be adding more along the way. I plan on learning and perfecting the art of yoga. I am volunteering at the cat shelter once a week, very rewarding to help those precious felines. My goal is to heal in mind, body and soul and feel ageless.

We had a great time celebrating Superbowl Sunday and I made us a vegetarian feast.  I discovered vegetarian buffalo wings and my husband and I went crazy for them. I also made vegetarian sausage sandwiches with kraut and spicy mustard. The whole feast was a treat yet low in fat and calories compared to most food served on football Sundays. It was high in sodium though so I postponed my weigh in for a few days so I would not get a false read from all the sodium. I know I continue to lose weight though, and will weigh in next Monday instead.

February has arrived and time to continue and regroup. Making the best of life and living as well as making all of my goals a reality. It is not as hard as you may think. Much love to all on this rainy Tuesday. I love a little rain to cleanse the spirit and nurture the soil on which our worn soles step upon. Love and light to all and keep forging forward in 2012 yet taking time to live in the moment as well.








1 comment:

  1. Shoes really do make a huge difference. I ran into that problem when I decided to try a new brand of running shoe. All of a sudden my feet and back started hurting. Finally went back to the shoes I like and I am issue free.
    So glad you are love yoga!!!! I knew you would! I am sure all of your hard work is paying off!

    ReplyDelete